2015 Offseason

All non-fantasy hockey related discussion

2015 Offseason

Postby dbacksfan414 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:25 pm

The Senators traded Robin Lehner and David Legwand to Buffalo for the 21st overall pick. Ottawa also had Andrew Hammond and Craig Anderson on the depth chart. David Legwand was a healthy scratch quite a bit last year, but he's a decent power play playmaker. He absolutely refuses to shoot.

Tyler Toffoli got a two year bridge deal from the Kings. I really like him.

Mike Fisher (aka, one of the luckiest men on earth) got a two year deal to stay in Nashville.

The Avalanche, who traded a sixth round pick to Boston for his rights, signed Carl Soderberg to a five year contract. I guess Ryan O'Reilly is going to get traded?

There's a rumor out there that the Sharks will trade a second round pick to Vancouver for Kevin Bieksa. Ugh. The Sharks will then sign him to an extension.

The Senators signed Mika Zibanejad to a two year deal.

Mark Stone got a three year deal from Ottawa. He was a finalist for the Calder.
dbacksfan414

Re: 2015 Offseason

Postby dbacksfan414 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:04 pm

Bruins trade Dougie Hamilton to the Flames for picks #15, #42 and #52... wow, Boston is up against the cap, but they could have gotten more from an offer sheet. That''s a horrible trade for them.
dbacksfan414

Postby dbacksfan414 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Bruins aren't done...

Milan Lucic to LA for Martin Jones, a prospect and 13th overall... the Bruins now have #13, #14 and #15.

Fuck me... why the Kings?
dbacksfan414

Postby WinnipegWingnut » Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:09 pm

I like the Lucic deal for the Bruins, unload a big contract and a bit of a let down, for a solid reliable goalie and a 1st? Yes please!

Losing Hamilton was a bad one, I mean come on, Chara isn't getting any younger
WinnipegWingnut

Postby dbacksfan414 » Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:35 am

Ryan O'Reilly got traded to Buffalo along with Jamie McGinn for an early 2nd, Girgensons and Zadarov.

Antti Niemi's rights got traded to Dallas for a 7th. They signed him to a three year deal worth $4.5M per year. That's a little much in my opinion.

Devan Dubnyk re-signed in Minnesota... six year deal worth over $4M per. That's a fine cap hit, but the term is too long.

The Kings terminated Mike Richards' contract. Yes, that is different than a buyout... watch them get away with it.

P.A. Parenteau was bought out by Montreal.

Viktor Stalberg was bought out by the Preds.

Cody Hodgson was bought out by the Sabres.

The Rangers traded for Antti Raanta to be their new backup goalie since...

...they traded Cam Talbot to Edmonton.

The Coyotes traded for Chris Pronger's contract. He isn't going to play for them, however.

The Oilers acquired Eric Gryba from Ottawa.

The Rangers traded Carl Hagelin to the Ducks for Emerson Etem. Picks were also involved.

The Ducks sent James Wisniewski to Carolina for Anton Khudobin. They now have three goalies.

Eddie Lack got traded to Carolina.

Kyle Palmieri was traded by the Ducks to the Devils.

The Sharks traded a first and a prospect to Boston for Martin Jones, who the Bruins just got the other day. The Kings must be pissed, haha. Jones signed with San Jose for three years at $3M per.

Dougie Hamilton signed a six year deal worth $34M in Calgary.

Let the frenzy begin!
dbacksfan414

Postby dbacksfan414 » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:20 am

The Blackhawks traded Brandon Saad to Columbus. Saad was reportedly asking for too much, and the Blackhawks couldn't afford to pay him.

Artem Anisimov, who the Blackhawks got in the Saad trade, got a five year deal with Chicago.

Kevin Bieksa signed a two year extension with the Ducks. They gave up a second round pick for him the other day.

Martin Jones, who was traded to Boston and then to San Jose, signed a three year deal with the Sharks.

Mike Riberio re-signed in Nashville for two years.

Karri Ramo got only a one year deal from Calgary, but it was an expensive one.

Mikael Granlund re-signed in Minnesota for two seasons.

Mike Reilly signed a two year contract with the Wild. The Blue Jackets drafted him in 2011, but were unable to sign him. I never heard of him before the other day, so I don't know what the big deal is about him.

Thomas Greiss signed with the Islanders for two years to be Jaroslav Halak's backup.

The Hurricanes bought out Alex Semin. I think they just signed him to a long contract extension not too long ago.

Francois Beauchemin signed a three year deal with Colorado. That cap hit is disgusting.

The Islanders re-signed former top five pick Thomas Hickey to a three year deal.

Blake Comeau got a three year contract with Colorado. What in the world is going on with the Avs the last two offseasons?

Paul Martin got a four year contract from the Sharks. I know they needed a defenseman badly, but ewwww... I would have been fine with two years, but four?

Andrej Sekera got the biggest contract of the day, signing for six years at $5.5M per with the Oilers.

Brad Richardson signed a three year contract with the Coyotes.

Michal Neuvirth got a two year contract from the Flyers.

Mark Letestu got a three year deal from the Oilers.

Steve Downie, last year's league leader in penalty minutes, signed a one year contract with the Coyotes.

Phil Kessel was traded to the Penguins for Kasperi Kapanen and a bunch of crap. The first rounder the Leafs got is lottery protected, and they're retaining salary. Awful trade by the Leafs...

Zbynek Michalek is back with the Coyotes on a two year deal after they traded him to the Blues at the deadline.

The Coyotes signed Anders Lindback to be Mike Smith's backup.

Michael Frolik got the second largest contract of the day, signing a five year deal with the Flames.

Jori Lehtera re-signed in St. Louis for three seasons.

Barret Jackman signed a two year deal with the Preds.

Alex Burmistrov, a former Thrashers top ten pick, signed with the Jets after playing in the KHL the past few seasons. He got a two year contract.

The Kings signed Jhonas Enroth to be their backup goalie for one year.

Erik Condra signed a three year deal with the Lightning.

The Canucks traded Zack Kassian to Montreal for a late pick and Brandon Prust.

John Moore got a three year deal from the Devils after not getting a qualifying offer from the Coyotes.

P.A. Parenteau got a one year deal from the Leafs. The Canadiens bought him out the other day.

The Sabres signed second overall pick Jack Eichel to an entry level contract. He will not be returning to Boston University.

The Rangers signed Viktor Stalberg to a one year contract. The Predators recently bought him out.

The Red Wings signed Mike Green to a three year contract worth $6M per season. I'm surprised that's all he got.

The Bruins re-signed Ryan Spooner to a two year deal.

Mark Arcobello got a one year deal from the Leafs. Like John Moore, the Coyotes did not extend him a qualifying offer.

The Red Wings signed Brad Richards to a one year contract.

The Blue Jackets signed Gregory Campbell to a two year deal.

The biggest head scratcher of the day may have come from... you guessed it, the Bruins. Matt Beleskey got a five year deal from them.

The Panthers traded the rights to Jimmy Hayes to Boston for Reilly Smith and Marc Savard's contract. So dumb...

Daniel Winnik re-signed with the Leafs for a year.

Antoine Vermette is headed back to the desert after winning a ring with the Blackhawks. He signed a two year deal with Arizona.

The Ducks signed Shawn Horcoff to a one year deal. I honestly had no idea he was still in the league.

Justin Williams got a two year contract from the Capitals.

And from the other day, the Coyotes traded for Chris Pronger's contract. Seriously, just kick the Coyotes (and Florida) out of the league already.

Notable unsigned players:

Joel Ward
Cody Franson
Marty St. Louis
Sergei Gonchar
Lubomir Visnovsky
Erik Cole
Marty Erat
Tomas Fleischmann
Chris Stewart
Andrej Meszaros
Johnny Oduya
Marek Zidlicky
Curtis Glencross
Mike Santorelli
dbacksfan414

Postby dbacksfan414 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:24 pm

Marty St. Louis announced his retirement. I thought he had a little bit left. He'll probably make the HoF, but it might take awhile.

T.J. Oshie got traded to Washington for Troy Brouwer, a goalie prospect and a third.
dbacksfan414

Postby dbacksfan414 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:01 pm

The Sharks just signed Joel Ward. Someone pinch me.
dbacksfan414

Postby nyihater4life » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:44 am

dbacksfan414 wrote:The Sharks just signed Joel Ward. Someone pinch me.

Thank God. I hate Joel Ward.
nyihater4life

Postby dbacksfan414 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:40 am

The Stars traded for Patrick Sharp.
dbacksfan414

Return to Hockey Discussion