I hate this SB

All non-fantasy Football related discussion

I hate this SB

Postby MrHockey93 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:31 pm

How boring.. I understand if you're from the areas, etc. But, to me? It's shit!
MrHockey93

Re: I hate this SB

Postby WinnipegWingnut » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:45 pm

I just can't for the life of me believe that missed field goal.... this is what you live for... you don't miss from there!

The re-match, this time the Pats do it.
WinnipegWingnut

Postby suckerpuncher » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:35 pm

Can't stand either team.

Somehow got the feeling this is the matchup the NFL wanted and they took care of it.

We'll see if the fix is really in if the Pats win this time around and there will be a rubber/grudge Superbowl match about 2 years down the road.
suckerpuncher

Postby dbacksfan414 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:47 pm

Fix? How was it fixed? It was definitely the matchup the NFL wanted, but it certainly was not fixed.

At least I have the Giants to root for (second favorite team).
dbacksfan414

Postby nyihater4life » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:58 am

Yeah, because the NFL made Evans drop that touchdown and they also made Cundiff miss that field goal! They used their mind powers! :roll:
nyihater4life

Postby Arkubis » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:27 am

It's a bad way to go to a SB.

Both teams didn't deserve to win their games, or at least not the way's that they did. SF was definitely the better team and had they had Ted Ginn catching punts or taught Williams how to hold onto it or not be an idiot, they'd be there.

As for the Ravens, I think they played well enough to win, two skilled players made bad plays and their defence destroyed the pats, it's really too bad, they deserved it more then the "Brallicheck."

I also hate that this gives more power to both Eli and Brady who in fact did not do much to get their team to the SB, yet both have a chance to add to their "legacy" based off a game given to them.

<--- A sad, long suffering 49ers fan.
Arkubis

Postby nyihater4life » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:43 am

Eli got hit more than 20 times in the rain and still threw for 300+ plus yards vs one of the best defenses in the league. That's pretty impressive IMO.
nyihater4life

Postby Arkubis » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Yea, I think you said it right there though, hit more than 20+ times, I agree that Smith and the offense did nothing in the 4th to take the game away from the Giants, but they did enough win it in the previous quarters. If you look at the yardage breakdown as well he threw over 60 times was it? No QB with that many attempts stays below 300 yards, even with a 50% completion rate.

The niners also lost their starting strong safety, afterwards they doubled their yardage in 15 minutes of play.

I'm just saying if you look at the game, if he doesn't fumble one punt, Manning doesn't get his ONLY TD of the game, a drive starting from inside the 30... and if he doesn't fumble in OT, they actually have to win the game, rather than have it given to them.

Defences can give up yardage, but if they hold you to no TDs, I think they deserve to win the game. The Niners did tha tin my eyes (sans fumble of course) So did the Ravens.
Arkubis

Postby WinnipegWingnut » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Wow, another great finish! How about Manningham and that catch! Brady again can't finish off the G-men, that'll be the story of his career now.
WinnipegWingnut

Postby Arkubis » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:39 am

I didn't think it was as good of a game as people are saying. Yes, close finish but I was disappointed with the execution myself. Those defences were both terrible and yet the offences didn't really do much. Ah well, another 7 month lay off until next year. Perhaps I'm still bitter from the NFC championship haha
Arkubis

Next

Return to Football Discussion