St. Louis Rams, BIG Time Football!

All non-fantasy Football related discussion

St. Louis Rams, BIG Time Football!

Postby MrHockey93 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:57 pm

The Chargers came into town with the best offense in the league and got shutdown! Phillip Rivers was on his ass the entire game as the Rams D was all up in his kitchen. This D is going places and is set to win the Rams some games if they can get consistent offense from the questionable wideouts. I'm thrilled with the 3-3 start as it's nice to watch the team improve right before your eyes.
MrHockey93

Re: St. Louis Rams, BIG Time Football!

Postby suckerpuncher » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:53 pm

Unbelievable. 3 consecutive home wins.
I hoped the Rams would win a bunch of games this year but being 3-3 after 6 weeks and still being in the division race (even though it's the weakest div out there) is just unexpected.

And even better is the fact that the wins came against the redskins and the the Chargers. If the team would have been a bit more concentrated and had better play-calling earlier on they could have easily beaten the Cardinals and the Raiders, too. And the loss against the Lions was also avoidable.
All-in-all the Rams are on the right track. Still lacking a playmaking WR (AJ Green in the next draft) and a bettter secondary though.
And the play-calling on offense sucks at times. A West Coast Offense is just not the right scheme for Bradford.
suckerpuncher

Postby suckerpuncher » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:56 pm

Too bad they couldn't hold on to the lead tonight.
Once again some bad play-calling in the end. All the injuries and the lack of a real #1 WR didn't help either.
But still the team is on the right track and I feel like there are aother 3 or 4 wins coming until the end of the season.
suckerpuncher

Postby MrHockey93 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:31 pm

MrHockey93

Postby suckerpuncher » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:25 pm

Another victory albeit against toothless Panthers. But nonetheless the team is 4-4 going into the Bye week which pretty much nobody expected. And it could have easily been 6 or 7 wins if not for some bad decisions by the coaching staff.

And let's take a look on some players so far.

SJax is a beast despite all his injuries. Tough as nails.
Sam the Ram is really Da Man. What could he do if he'd a have a real #1 WR?
And James Laurinaitis is just awesome on defense.
suckerpuncher

Postby dbacksfan414 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:53 pm

And they play in that crappy division, also known as the NFC West. They have a pretty good chance of making the playoffs.
dbacksfan414

Postby suckerpuncher » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:53 pm

6 wins so far. As many wins as they had in the last 3 years combined. :o
I know the schedule is pretty easy this year but still the team could have even been 10-2 if Shumur would screw up the offense with his play-calling later in the game.

The rest of the schedule could still see 2-3 wins. Next week in New Orleans most likely not but afterwrads there are 2 home games against the in-state rivals Chiefs and against the Whiners. And in week 17 the last game in Seattle maybe for the division crown.

No matter how it ends I think nobody would have expected 6 wins so far, the great play of Bradford without any notable WR and also the front 7 on defense do a great job and are close to the top in the league in sacks.
Still some holes to be filled but it's very promisng.
suckerpuncher

Postby suckerpuncher » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:27 am

As if the disappointment of the 2011 season wasn't enough the Rams now announce that their marquee game in 2012 against the Pats will not be played in St. Louis but in London.
My guess is fans in St. Louis are gonna be pissed considering they only host the Pats every 8 years and the whole Superbowl 36 history still hurts. But Bill, you can surely elaborate on that.

I know Kroenke also owns (large parts of) Arsenal London and in that regard the agreement to play at London in the next 3 years makes sense for all sides but why Kroenke agreed to give away their marquee game this year is still questionable. Especially considering fans also came during those bad times over the last couple of years to watche games even against less attractive opponenets.
Unless he really wants to piss off St. Louis and wants to leave for LA once the lease is up.
suckerpuncher

Return to Football Discussion