Moneyball

Discuss anything under the sun!

Moneyball

Postby WinnipegWingnut » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:20 pm

Checked out this flick on my flight home from Ottawa, and I highly recommend it! true story about the Oakland A's losing Giambi, Damon and I forget the pitcher to free agency after maing it to the ALCS finals. Then the GM (Brad Pitt) is told by the owner that he wants the same results, but can't spend more money. Pitt then hires a kid from the Cleveland Indians who uses formula's to determine who they can sign for cheap that will get similar On Base Percentages as the players they lost combined.

Great movie though, especially if you're into sports. Check it out!
WinnipegWingnut

Re: Moneyball

Postby MrHockey93 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:25 pm

Yeah. It just came out on DVD and I'm going to buy it. It's based on "Billy Ball," which is GM Billy Beane of the Oakland A's. Billy prescribed to the theory that high on base percentage types could yield a run producing team. DUH? :twisted:

I have yet to see it and I, for one, think Pitt is a great actor. Don't say that about many.
MrHockey93

Re: Moneyball

Postby WinnipegWingnut » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:04 am

Yeah I guess I don't mind Pitt, he was good in Blow and Fight Club for sure... I guess all the hype he gets is what turns me off. But definitely check it out, you for sure will like it as a baseball fan.
WinnipegWingnut

Return to Off Topic