iPhone/iPad/iTouch/Android apps

Discuss anything under the sun!

iPhone/iPad/iTouch/Android apps

Postby WinnipegWingnut » Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:29 am

So figured I'd share some of my favourites, and see what you guys have, as I'm always on the look out for new ones that are cool.

Jango Radio - Pick an artist, it plays it, then plays artists that it thinks you'd like based on that pick. You can thumbs down anyone to skip them, and it makes your own personalized radio station. Love this app, as it's a great way to find new artists too!

Angry Birds - A classic, and easly one of the best games out there. If you haven't played it, come out from under that rock! Best 99 cents you'll ever spend

Plants vs Zombies - I put it right up there with Angry Birds, it does cost money, but you can get it cheap when it's on sale. Super addictive.

Tiny Tower - My latest addiction, it's a free game where you build floors onto a tower. You have Bitizen's that work in your stores on each floor. Kind of a dumbed down sims game.

Songify - Just say a sentance up to 60 seconds long, and it turns it into a song. Pretty funny!

The Score - To me it's the best sports score app, i like it much better than TSN's.

FantasyMonster - Found this is the best fantasy hockey app out there now since Myfantasysports kinda died.
WinnipegWingnut

Re: iPhone/iPad/iTouch apps

Postby dbacksfan414 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:05 pm

ESPN ScoreCenter- It's free, and you can customize it for all of your favorite teams. The only drawback in my mind is that you can't see all of the college basketball scores at once.

Temple Run- It's free, and it's very well designed. It has achievements and unlockables too, so replay value is high.

SoundHound- I think it may cost money, but if you don't know a song, you hold your phone up to the source, and it gives you what song it is.
dbacksfan414

Postby nyihater4life » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:03 pm

Scorecenter
SoundHoung
Angry Birds
Words With Friends
Scramble With Friends
Grooveshark
Slacker Radio
Pandora
TweetCaster

Those are what I use on a daily basis for the Droid.
nyihater4life

Postby Arkubis » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:29 am

What a bias thread WW!

Where's the android love?! Haha, just kidding. I'm currently using the new Google Nexus on ICS 4.0. However in terms of apps, I'm extremely similar to you only I don't have any games aside from Angry Birds and carry these in addition:

Easy Battery Saver - Invaluable, I can get up to 4 days off one charge if I choose without sacrificing browsing/phone capability, 3 if I'm consistently using music.

Fresh Network - Interesting cell-site search app.

Ski Report - Self explanatory, customize your resorts

World Mate - For when I travel

Alarm Droid - Probably one of my favourite with the amount of customization available, I now have custom alarms that can gradually fade in, set for unlimited schedules/days of the week, unique Snooze options, along with streaming Jango/internet radio if I choose, it also announces the temperature, forecast etc...

Run Keeper - Self explanatory, records runs/workouts

Mint - Simple budgeting app, useful for trips as well.
Arkubis

Re: iPhone/iPad/iTouch/Android apps

Postby WinnipegWingnut » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:12 am

Better? haha
WinnipegWingnut

Postby PK » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:13 pm

PK

Postby Arkubis » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Chrome mobile for surfing. Not sure how it compares to be honest. I've been so impressed I never looked elsewhere. The biggest thing I like is the customizability of the app. With selective WiFi scan alone you can probably double your life, and with a simple tap engage it when you need it. Same with GPS and a lot of the background processor tasks. The apps that need it automatically engage it, but as soon as the task is complete, it disables again.
Arkubis

Postby PK » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:09 am

PK

Postby nyihater4life » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:15 pm

I also wanna add Juice Defender, Mint and Pageonce that's been added to my daily app use. Also, a good yet tough word game called 7 Words will make you think for hours upon hours. Tons of puzzles to solve.
nyihater4life

Postby nyihater4life » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:11 pm

Since I have an high obsession for photography I had to get Instagram.
nyihater4life

Next

Return to Off Topic