Thank You

Discuss anything under the sun!

Thank You

Postby mintyfresh » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:19 am

I would like to just thank you everyone who has helped me this year with my h2h fantasy pool. It was my first time ever in fantasy hockey and I really didn't know what to do in the beginning. I've asked so many specific questions when I first started and everyone on this board was so willing to give their opinions and share their advice. I really learned a lot from everyone. I dominated my friends who all have more experience with me. Because of my disadvantage, I did all the research possible, asked for all the help possible, paid attention to everything that happened in hockey and I came out a winner in my pool.

This board was a huge difference. The advice to start goalies or not, who to pick up and who is droppable. Probably basic stuff to you guys on this board but its all new to me. I've only started watching hockey three years ago and I've only ever watched the Canucks. After playing this year of fantasy hockey, I've grown to appreciate and enjoy the entire sport of hockey and grown to respect and admire multiple players across the league.

I held the best record in my pool and couldn't have asked for a more exciting final week matchup which went down like this: I was down all week, falling behind in all the points categories. My goalies (Lu, Bryz and Hiller) all played terrible so I lost most of the goalie stats too. But on the last day, my team had an outburst and not only caught up, but overcame the point deficit to make the matchup 5-5 with me having the tiebreaker. In a turn of events, I fell to 4-6 when my opponent's penalty minutes caught up to me. I decided to roll with the goalie I drafted in the second round (Luongo) and he earned me a shutout and a win. Mike Richards then follows up by checking Couture from behind earning me more PIMs. After this amazing sequence, I sealed the matchup with a 5-3 win.

It was a great experience and I want to thank everyone on this board for making my fantasy hockey year so enjoyable.
Last edited by mintyfresh on Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
mintyfresh

Re: Thank You

Postby WinnipegWingnut » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:39 am

Good stuff minty! Glad you found help on the boards! Was it a cash pool?? haha
WinnipegWingnut

Postby mintyfresh » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:22 pm

Yes WW It was a cash pool haha. I made a little side cash to enjoy this coming summer.
mintyfresh

Postby WinnipegWingnut » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:46 pm

WinnipegWingnut

Postby mintyfresh » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:09 am

Well I guess my luck with hockey is running out because I had Pitts and Van in the final. HA!

still cheering on my Canucks but being a fan right now is quite the gloomy thing.
mintyfresh

Return to Off Topic